- Thousands of people die of the flu every year, yet most of us haven't, and many of us don't even get the flu.
- We are all going to die of something someday. For now, let's focus on getting the most out of life!
- Worrying about swine flu can't keep us from getting it.
- Taking steps to stay healthy in general can help us have a happier and healthier life.
- Getting over anxious about something that may or may not happen can keep us from living and enjoying our lives fully.
- Taking steps to reduce anxiety can help us live a healthier and fuller life.
Will any of this keep us from getting the swine flu, if and when it does come around? Probably not. But hopefully it helps relieve anxiety. When we are able to overcome anxiety, we are more able to cope with whatever life brings.
Kate Boswell MFT is a licensed therapist in Marina del Rey, CA. She helps people cope with anxiety and take steps toward the kind of lives they want to live. She serves the nearby towns of Playa del Rey, Playa Vista, Culver City, Venice, and Westchester, and the greater West Los Angeles area. Kate can be reached at 310-658-3158 and www.2bstressfree.com